Reese Witherspoon is always in the ‘Know’ about her life
Reese Witherspoon, actress and mother of two, is well-versed in the mysteries and mores of love, and she spends hours discussing and debating them with her girlfriends.
“I’m literally the girl who talks constantly about relationships. I hang up with one (friend), and I pick up the phone and call another one. It’s an ongoing dialogue all day long,” she says. “I don’t understand a woman who doesn’t talk about love and relationships.”
She has been through a divorce (from actor Ryan Phillippe) and breakups (most notably with actor Jake Gyllenhaal), but Witherspoon isn’t one to get hung up on past amorous calamities. She views them as life lessons.
“You gotta be glad that you went through them, and you gotta be glad that you learned from them,” says Witherspoon, 34. “You gotta learn what you want.”
And like so many of the romantically challenged, you have to figure out if he’s the one for you. That’s the perplexing question Witherspoon toys with Friday in How Do You Know, a rom-com with the actress playing a past-her-prime softball pro who gets cut from Team USA and finds herself torn between two guys: a self-absorbed jock (Owen Wilson) and a somewhat neurotic businessman (Paul Rudd). But unlike Witherspoon, who exudes certainty and self-assurance, the character of Lisa is a romantic naïf.
“She’s not very good at articulating her feelings. She’s never been in a serious relationship. She’s almost an innocent,” says Witherspoon. “She doesn’t care if (men) call her back if she slept with them. She’s having sex for fun and sex for sport.”
Reese looked beautiful at the premiere of How Do You Know in New York City last night, wearing a little black and pink lace cocktail dress with her blonde hair styled naturally and left down. Below is a preview photo from the event, and I will be back later today to add many more!
Since my last update yesterday I’ve been capping all the recent How Do You Know TV Spots and clips! Reese looks beautiful, and I’m excited to see the whole film now. I particularly like the awkward yet funny ‘Restaurant’ clip! All of these clips and tv spots have already been posted here, so scroll back through our recent updates to find them.
We also have the first ‘For Your Consideration’ advert (courtesy of awardsdaily.com), asking voters to consider How Do You Know when nominating for the Golden Globe Awards. The Golden Globe nominations are announced tomorrow, so fingers crossed for some recognition for Miss Reese and the movie!
Tonight is the world premiere of How Do You Know, so check back here for the first photos tomorrow! Can’t wait to see what Reese wears and hear her talk about the movie more!
– Movies > How Do You Know? > TV Spot #1 Screencaptures
– Movies > How Do You Know? > TV Spot #2 Screencaptures
– Movies > How Do You Know? > TV Spot #3 Screencaptures
– Movies > How Do You Know? > TV Spot ‘In Love’ Screencaptures
– Movies > How Do You Know? > TV Spot ‘In Luck’ Screencaptures
– Movies > How Do You Know? > TV Spot ‘Questions’ Screencaptures
– Movies > How Do You Know? > Blooper Reel Screencaptures
– Movies > How Do You Know? > Clip Screencaptures – ‘Seeing Your Place’
– Movies > How Do You Know? > Clip Screencaptures – ‘Restaurant’
– Movies > How Do You Know? > International Trailer Screencaptures
– Movies > How Do You Know? > ‘For Your Consideration’ Ads
PopSugar.com were in attendance at a recent press junket/conference for How Do You Know, and have posted a handful of quotes from it! Have a read …
• Reese on bad blind dates: “I had someone correct my grammar on a blind date once, and I knew in the first ten minutes that the date was over. You just don’t correct someone’s grammar! I’m from Tennessee I probably said everything wrong. I probably said ain’t or something.”
• Reese on her motivations: “I’m definitely one of those people who has post-its everywhere. The six evils of the world. I really do! Desire, greed, envy. . . Try to tell myself all those things to avoid! Positive affirmations, I have to say “Judge not lest ye be judged” has guided me through life.”
• Reese on being unsettled like her character: “I think it’s really interesting to play a woman who can articulate that she isn’t ready to have a family — isn’t even sure she wants to have a family! I have a lot of friends like that. I think it’s a really interesting character than can say it. And I think Jim really wrote it so beautifully, that emotional honesty of someone who is not afraid to be honest about maybe not wanting what other women want. And I think there’s a lot of women out there like that. I think it’s really interesting to play a character like that. Obviously it’s not like myself, I have two kids, a very sort of settled-down life. But it was cool to play that girl.”
I may have posted some of these before, but I’ve collected together all TV Spots I’ve found to promote How Do You Know.
As I’ve mentioned before, Reese has been busy promoting How Do You Know in New York City this week. Today I have added photos of her arriving at TV studios for her appearances on Letterman and Regis & Kelly, as well as from the How Do You Know Press Conference held on Tuesday.
I am looking for videos from Reese’s TV appearances this week, but so far with not much luck! If anyone can contribute videos of Reese on Regis & Kelly (Dec 7th) and/or The Today Show (Dec 6th) then please get in touch!
Enjoy these lovely new appearances photos, and check back later for more How Do You Know updates!
– Public Appearances > Events in 2010 > Arriving For David Letterman
– Public Appearances > Events in 2010 > Leaving the Regis & Kelly studios
– Public Appearances > Events in 2010 > How Do You Know Press Conference
Reese has been a very busy bee this past week! I’m now working hard to get everything caught up, and so today have added over 600 screencaps from various press interviews and news segments that Reese has done to promote How Do You Know. Extra and ET have had interviews with her this week, and we have screencaps from those interviews, some of which are in wonderful HD thanks to my friend Brianne. And clips from two How Do You Know press junket interviews have been released so I’ve capped them too. The videos for most of these features have already been posted here, so browse back through our recent updates to find them! Reese is looking fantastic lately, isn’t she!
Coming up next: Many more photos from the Hollywood Walk Of Fame Star event, photos of Reese at Letterman and out and about this past week, and more screencaps from recent interviews.
– TV & Interviews > News Segments > Reports from 2010 > ET – November 30th 2010 (TV)
– TV & Interviews > News Segments > Reports from 2010 > ET – December 1st 2010 (TV)
– TV & Interviews > News Segments > Reports from 2010 > ET – December 6th 2010 (Online)
– TV & Interviews > News Segments > Reports from 2010 > ET – December 6th 2010 (TV)
– TV & Interviews > News Segments > Reports from 2010 > Extra – December 6th 2010 (TV)
– TV & Interviews > News Segments > Reports from 2010 > Extra – December 6th 2010 (Online)
– TV & Interviews > News Segments > Reports from 2010 > MTV News – December 6th 2010
– TV & Interviews > Online Interviews > Interviews from 2010 > How Do You Know Press Interview #1
– TV & Interviews > Online Interviews > Interviews from 2010 > How Do You Know Press Interview #2
Whilst in New York City earlier this week, Reese posed for a photoshoot to promote How Do You Know, and she looks absolutely gorgeous! Reese looks very happy and full of life, don’t you think? 12 photos have been added to the Gallery, half of which are in HQ … make sure you check these photos out!
– Studio Photoshoots > Photoshoots from 2010 > 2010 – Session #003
A new photo from Water For Elephants was published in a recent issue of German magazine ‘Bravo’, and a scan of it has now hit the web! In the still we see Jacob and Marlena in an embrace, with Marlena wearing an elegant black dress and Jacob in a scruffy shirt.
– Movies > Water For Elephants > Stills
(- aceshowbiz.com and teaser-trailer.com)